When employees weigh job opportunities, they look beyond salary, considering the benefit package along with other perks as part of the equation. Employers, knowing this, must remain competitive in what they provide, particularly when vying for the best workers. But such salary enhancements are not without severe costs to the employer – costs which are rising year by year.
This free report from Portway International highlights the seven most important factors to understand when considering outsourcing, so you can make an informed decision for your organization:
- Cost and pricing: How do providers manage to deliver services at a lower cost than you can internally?
- Objectives: Outsourcing will provide you with a number of benefits beyond simply reducing costs – are you prepared to capitalize?
- Identifying Opportunities: What internal functions should Customs Brokers target to outsource? More importantly, what functions should not be outsourced?
- Service Levels – Speed and Accuracy: How service levels are set, measured and achieved. Can an outsourcing service provider exceed your current service levels?
- Transition and Implementation: How will you and your service provider transition the functions being considered?
- Communication and Attrition: How much information should be shared and when? Poor communication leads to unwanted attrition. Attrition happens, how can you manage it?
- Choosing a Partner: Your outsourcing service provider should become one of your most important business partners. How do you choose a partner?
Download the paper free right now, and learn the seven key things you need to know before you take another step toward outsourcing!